Our characters are Beginning to look like the ones of OSRS

Piszemy dosłownie o wszystkim co nie kwalifikuje się do innych działów.
Amerzone

Our characters are Beginning to look like the ones of OSRS

Post autor: Amerzone »

I know they said it'd be a great deal of work to change the body version, but I don't find it being impossible to at least update the faces and attributes. It wouldn't change the size or height/position so it shouldn't affect any gear. Reminder: Chat-heads really are something, and there is an insanely massive amount of them. Consider your player apparel: hairstyle, beardhair colour. The majority of these would have to be altered to reflect the new models - also female personalities have horse legs. If they're going to upgrade the head with cheap RuneScape gold, they might as well update the entire body - that, again, is a huge undertaking.

Okay but like if every gambling company said it would be too much work to upgrade models all MMOs would nevertheless have versions from the early 2000s. There comes a time when the face of your game is so outdated and ugly that its hurting your brand a good deal. Tell me somebody who doesnt play Runescape will look at the character on the right and be like"looks cool want perform". I mean, this game is constructed upon practically ancient coding techniques along with a habit in-house system. By Mod Maz's meeting with Shauny - a lot of the backend sounds like a nightmare. That being said - I agree they could do some thing - but I am simply stating why they said they wouldn't, and it, at least somewhat, logically makes sense.

(And let us be fair, the money that you spend does not actually return to Runescape like it should, therefore GL.) Its really depressing that theres many updates/suggestions that cant veen be considered because engine work or old coding. I get its difficult but at the same time cant just stay secured where we are due to these reasons, something needs to occur. 1 evening there'll be an immense, gamebreaking insect (something Runescape cant recover from or changes it forever, such as the idiot glitch x100) because of the spaghetti code nightmare.

I've found it in other (non gaming) places. You've got the well respected veteran coder turned supervisor and he's behind using a proprietary or extremely uncommon code language. It gets executed because it's in his comfort zone and then you can't find people to code it, there are all sorts of issues where developers say"well that is what we're stuck with since we made a decision to use this speech", which eventually becomes the default civilization, to attribute the applications even when there are sometimes ways to make it operate. However, you wouldn't understand if there were methods to make it work anyhow, as it is all undocumented.

In the majority of instances I've seen, the developers in that situation end up getting replaced through an outsourced replacement program. This component would be hard considering the program is the entire business and it is habit IP, but I can imagine there are a billion tech consultencies that could tell Jagex they can convert all Runescape into -insert well known programming language- at the click of a button, since that's what tech consultents always state to get a winrsgold contract. It is possible they've already wasted their money with companies like that.
ODPOWIEDZ